Is Spanish Hard to Learn?
Many people have asked, ‘is Spanish hard to learn?’ And the answer is no. Spanish is widely known as one of the easiest languages for native English speakers to learn, and is also the second most widely spoken language in the world today.
So, why is it easy?
+ You don’t need to learn a new writing system as with Japanese, Chinese, Arabic etc.
+ It is easier to pronounce than French.
+ Once you learn to speak, you can read easily, because the language is phonetic, i.e. it is written how it is pronounced.
Now, many people claim English is in fact the most difficult language to learn! And I’m pretty sure you’ve mastered that one or you wouldn’t be reading this page!
Spanish Is An Obvious Choice
As speakers of English, Spanish should be one of the front runners for new language selection, as many jobs now require Spanish as an additional language.
However, as you know, no language is a walk in the park, and it does require constant practice. It also depends on you as an individual, and some will obviously find it easier than others.
So, is Spanish hard to learn? Well you obviously need to be willing to put the work in, but you will be surprised at how quickly you will grasp the basics, and be able to communicate effectively.
The most important thing is that you are motivated.
Without motivation you will struggle. A program That I strongly recommend, called Synergy Spanish is very good at keeping you motivated because you can see some benefits very quickly.
It’s the willingness to learn, and that strive for achievement, that will ultimately make you proficient in Spanish. If you’re not interested, then Spanish courses will seem harder than they actually are.
When people ask the question, ‘is Spanish hard to learn’ or any language for that matter, they need to consider these 4 questions before deciding for themselves:
– Do you have the motivation to work hard and achieve your language goal? In terms of language learning, it is most definitely a case of you get out what you put in. It’s all about practice.
– Is the language similar to your native language? (In this case, English is very close to Spanish because of its Latin roots).
– Do you understand your learning style? Learning Spanish is a whole lot easier when you know what works and doesn’t work for you in terms of language learning. Are you a visual learner, an auditory learner or a kinaesthetic learner? Find out now.
– Do you have the right learning resources? It is crucial that you have adequate and appropriate material to guide and aid you as you embark on your language learning journey.
There are many resources out there to make it all even easier for you
Struggle with vocab? – Read Michael Gruneberg’s ‘Spanish by Association‘ available at Amazon.
• Struggle with grammar? – Specialist verb program ‘Verbarrator,’ provides enormous support with conjugating Spanish verbs, helping you to nail those verbs and tenses!
• Struggle with conversation? – The Rocket Spanish online course focuses on the core ability to converse in Spanish. Spanish is not hard to learn with Rocket Spanish.
• Struggle with the accent? – Subscribe to ‘Spanish Accent Maestro’ which aims to help you develop an authentic Spanish accent.
So, is Spanish hard to learn? No, and it’s all about using the right approach and resources.
If you still need more convincing whether you should learn Spanish or not, read our article on ‘Why should Americans learn to speak Spanish?’
If you would like us to send you our FREE report on learning Spanish, enter your email address on the side bar and we will endeavour to have it sent out as soon as possible.